One of my favorite ways to diffuse essential oils is by using aromatherapy jewelry! Here are the top five reasons why you should have an aromatherapy necklace:
1. You use far less of your essential oils. When applying oils topically, they typically last for just a few hours and will need to be reapplied throughout the day as our skin naturally absorbs them. With aromatherapy necklaces, just 1-2 drops will last you all day!
2. Are your family or coworkers not a fan of certain scents? Unlike a diffuser, which fills up the entire room with aromatic goodness, your necklace will be something only YOU can smell.
3. They’re light + portable. Aromatherapy necklaces allow you to take your oils with you – no matter how many errands you have to run, or how many appointments you have today.
4. As much as I love my tabletop diffuser, they’re an investment $$$! Are you new to the world of essential oils? Diffusing them via jewelry is a great place to start!
5. Jewelry is an extension of you – just like your clothing. I love that these are dual purpose – both used for aromatherapy AND aesthetics / personal expression.
Oh, and if you’re using Shinnsparkle pieces, you can rest assured that all of our materials are hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin! We only use sterling silver and 14kt gold + rose gold fill.
So, what should you diffuse today?
Allow me to suggest…
Lavender – if you need to relax and a sense of calm
Peppermint – if you need to sharpen your focus, or if you have a headache
Grapefruit – if you need a mood boost and want to raise your vibration
Photo credit to Samantha Webster Photography, who did just an amazing job at capturing this piece from our minimalist collection!